Saturday, March 7, 2020

January 27, 2020


What is going on everyone! I thought I'd get this out of the way so it wasn't looming over my head all day... Anyway not a whole lot happened this week to be honest, but I shall still tell all that did! 

So not a whole lot happened like I said, but we did teach a super cool lesson. A few weeks back we got a referral for a Bible request to a lady named Cameri so we went and dropped it off and set up a return appointment. We met her husband Chad while we were there too. Well this week we went back and met a new person living there named Tim. Well we were teaching the Plan of Salvation since they just had their first kid a few weeks back and Tim knew an odd amount concerning the topic. At one point he even started talking about baptism for the dead and I was just like Tim, how do you know so much about all this? Turns out Tim is a member of the church, has been his whole life. He hasn't been in quite a while, and I'm not too sure if he wants to, but he was still a great help in our lesson! 

Thursday started out rough. We had all these plans to go into a town we cover and then all at once, every single plan we had fell through and we were like well I guess that isn't what the Lord wanted us to do today... So we ended up spending most of the day just knocking doors. We met like 5 new people and gave a Book of Mormon to all of them so that was freaking legit. I had a pretty funny conversation with this dude we met that led to us getting a return appointment and then a return appointment with their neighbor. A little background, it was about 5:30 and I was very hungry. 
Me: *Knocks on door and waits
Man:*Opens door and a strong scent of food hits me.
Me: Hello! How are you doing today! 
Man: Probably cause we're in the middle of dinner...
Me: Oh well it smells really good! Kind of like tacos...
Man: Nope we aren't having tacos, we're having-
Me: It's gotta be soup then! 
Man: No not soup it's lasagna.
Me: Oh that is some very good smelling lasagna.
And from there somehow I managed to work in that we are missionaries and he totally said we could come back! The man’s name is Russell fyi.

Next house. 
The story starts the same. A little background tho. It's about 5:35 and I am still very hungry. I'll skip the part where we knock and wait and where she opens the door...
Me: Hello how are you today! 
Woman: Doing really well. How bout yourself?
Me: Good thanks. Super random but it smells very good in your house... Like bacon!
Woman: We had potato soup! 
Me: Oh cool, *then without thinking* Your neighbor is having lasagna! 
Woman: *Clearly getting excited! Ooh I love lasagna, which neighbor is it, let’s go over! 
Me: Oh we love lasagna too! 
And from there i managed to work my way into a gospel conversation. No idea how, but it totally worked! 

Friday we were in close to the same situation, and again we just found 3 interested people to go back and talk to and hopefully teach! The Lord is definitely aware of us and our needs out here! 

Lastly, I've been thinking about getting fake glasses to change things up so I'll attach a pic of me in my comps glasses and let me know what all y'all think! 

I know this is the true church of Jesus Christ! I love the gospel and am very grateful for this wonderful opportunity to share it with EVERYONE!!! Also Sorry for the call out last week Scott. I definitely miss you. Love you all!
Warmest Regards, 

Elder Nixon 






No comments:

Post a Comment

July 26, 2021

 This is It Good heavens I can't believe I'm actually writing this email. I never really thought I'd get here. As most of you kn...