Sunday, February 7, 2021

December 28, 2020

 Pro Bowler?

Well, I really don't have much to talk about so sorry if you liked last week’s long email 😬 

First thing, my bowling skills are definitely improving! Last Monday I was sitting at 65 in the 8th fame and I ended that game with a 103. But then the next game I bowled a 128! Which I think is the highest I've ever bowled! So, if we have plans to go bowling once I'm home you better watch out! 

Let's see as for main content there ain't too much! But I had a thought earlier this week to message one of my former golden investigators from my first area Great Bend, but I decided not to because I thought it would be kinda weird reaching out after so long so I didn't. Well yesterday I got a message from one of my friends who is in Great Bend right now asking if I could reach out to her because she has their number blocked and won't accept their friend requests on Facebook. So I sent her a simple message just asking how she was doing and how her Christmas was. Well she responded almost immediately and said something along the lines of "never fails that when I think of going back to church someone from the Mormon church messages me. Not a bad thing I guess." I couldn't believe it! I just wished I had reached out when I had the thought earlier in the week, but i was glad the elders in Great Bend had the same thought. So I guess the moral of the story is don't put off thoughts to reach out to someone. It's not going to hurt either one of you! 

Well that's all I got for the week. I hope everyone had a good Christmas! Mine was good! Ummmm yep that's the email. 

Warmest regards, 

Elder Nixon 




No comments:

Post a Comment

July 26, 2021

 This is It Good heavens I can't believe I'm actually writing this email. I never really thought I'd get here. As most of you kn...