Sunday, July 18, 2021

March 8, 2021

 This is Every Missionary's Dream

I should specify every missionary serving in Kansas or anywhere in tornado alley   this will be a shorter email since not much happened.  

I guess the cool thing that happened this week was on Sunday Louis was able to give his son the priesthood! It was super cool because last week I gave him the priesthood. I had to help him with the wording but it was still an awesome opportunity for him and a great blessing for their family! Seriously love them so much. 

So onto the title. In Kansas every Monday there is statewide testing of the tornado sirens at noon. So you can imagine my surprise when I hear the tornado siren going off on Tuesday as well. My first thought is oh that's weird. The weather outside is nice. Certainly no tornado. Well then I get a text to my phone. I'll attach a screenshot of the text. It pretty much said it was not a drill and to take cover immediately. I was like "oh yeah here we go" so naturally I go outside to look for it and nothing. It was a BEAUTIFUL day. Not a cloud in the sky and I was like what the heck is going on. I hopped on our local fb page and everyone was talking about the siren and the text. Finally we figured out they were testing some new tech and the text was automatically sent because the siren went off not on Monday. So for a brief moment I really thought I was gonna see a tornado. Twas a shame.  

Oh also we had zone conference this week which was great!  

Yep that's all I've got! The work is good! God is good! Hurrah for Israel!  

Warmest regards, 

Elder Nixon 

 




No comments:

Post a Comment

July 26, 2021

 This is It Good heavens I can't believe I'm actually writing this email. I never really thought I'd get here. As most of you kn...