Sunday, February 7, 2021

December 14, 2020

 Was I Ever Really Gone?

Now be honest. Most of you didn't actually realize that I hadn't sent an email in about 3 months... but that's okay. I don't hold it against anyone. Feel free to send me packages and/or letters just so I know my fans are still out there. (1517 East Kansas Ave. McPherson Kansas 67460) But good news I'm back and better than ever. After a short time home, I'm so excited to be back in Kansas serving the Lord! 

So, I'm currently serving in the great town of McPherson Kansas with my old companion Elder Robinson! Most of you will remember I trained Elder Robinson back when we were in Great Bend together so it is SO good to be back together. He is such a good missionary and a hard worker which I'm grateful for. We have done some good work here in McPherson. We're teaching a lady named Patricia who is pretty cool! She loves the Book of Mormon and most of what we teach. She's had a cup of coffee every day for over 70 years so she's not too fond of the idea of giving it up, but we got her a coffee substitute that we're hoping helps. We had a sweet experience with her yesterday. But I need to preface this story with a story. We had a devotional Saturday night from Brother and Sister Swinton who used to preside over a mission in England. Brother Swinton was telling us about the experiences of some of the converts in his mission. In a majority of their stories they all told about how they felt peace when they prayed about the church. We were then counseled to point out that as a feeling from the spirit if our investigators ever said that. So today whilst talking to Patricia she mentioned she felt happy and calm when reading the Book of Mormon and I asked her if she felt peace to which she responded she did. I remembered what we learned the night before and I bore testimony to her that those feelings were all confirmation from the spirit that what we have been teaching her is true. It was a tender experience with the spirit there to once again testify of truth. 

Well, I'd say that's pretty good content for only being in Kansas a few days! Till next time 

Warmest regards,

Elder Nixon

Enjoy this pic I took right before bed last night so I could have a picture to send with the email.



No comments:

Post a Comment

July 26, 2021

 This is It Good heavens I can't believe I'm actually writing this email. I never really thought I'd get here. As most of you kn...