Sunday, August 16, 2020

July 27, 2020

 Past Few Weeks

I've been called out by my good friend Thomas Anderson for not writing weekly's. In his words "Snix you never send out emails" so here I am sending out an email! 

It's been a minute since I've written and honestly things are going just about as good as they can all things considered. We've done lots of service for members and other random things around town. 

We've been teaching this girl named Kathryn who is super cool! She came in as a referral from some Elders in Arizona and she is so cool! She loves the Book of Mormon and is so ready for baptism. She just wants to know that she knows so we are helping her with that.

Another dope person we've been teaching is John. He came in as a referral from some sisters in the Independence Missouri mission. One of the sisters is actually a girl I went to high school with so that's fun! Anyway John was raised Roman Catholic and he has been doing lessons with us and he knows our church is true but he doesn't know how to tell his mom he wants to join our church and not be catholic anymore. He's 19 and just graduated high school, but he's cool.

We had transfers recently. I'm staying in Lawrence with my companion another transfer. We went from 8 missionaries to 14 here in Lawrence because of all the reassigned buddies. There are only 4 OG KWM missionaries in Lawrence now which is so weird. One of the Elders is Elder Rogers who I was friends with in high school! 

Umm ya that's about it for content. There's probably gonna be a lot of pictures so enjoy! 

Ooh also I hit my year mark this week so that's kinda fun I guess!

Warmest regards, 

Elder Nixon


No comments:

Post a Comment

July 26, 2021

 This is It Good heavens I can't believe I'm actually writing this email. I never really thought I'd get here. As most of you kn...