Sunday, August 16, 2020

July 13, 2020

 I Took a Lot of Pics to Make Up for Lack of Content

Hello my devout fan club. Not much going on in the 785 honestly. 

We've done lots of service recently which has been fun! We have been helping a member from another ward in Lawrence get his backyard all prepped to put a pool in so it's just lots of manual labor. Let me tell ya, 2 hours of manual labor at 2pm in July in Kansas is not a good combination. It'll wear you out pretty quick and give you heat exhaustion too... anyway I went sicko mode with this metal pole. I broke up and removed a lot of the cement in the picture you'll see. My hands took a beating but maybe by the end of it I won't have soft hands...

The only really cool thing that happened this week was when I got a phone call from a kid named Jaymz Bischoff who used to be a missionary here in the KWM. He served in the area I'm currently in and he told me that he had a former investigator reach out to him and express his desire to be baptized and become a member of the church! So that's crazy flippin awesome! We're gonna meet with him soon to make sure he knows what he's doing and everything but that was definitely a miracle for the week! 

Well that's all I've got... but like I said, I took lots of pics to make up for it!

Warmest regards,

Elder Nixon 









No comments:

Post a Comment

July 26, 2021

 This is It Good heavens I can't believe I'm actually writing this email. I never really thought I'd get here. As most of you kn...