Thursday, November 14, 2019

October 7, 2019


Should I become Catholic?!?!


Hello everyone! Or as they'd say in the native language here, Hello everyone! This week's been pretty good. Kinda boring. I apologize up front about the subject of the email. Not a whole lot happened and it was just hard to get a good subject. I'm ashamed of myself... I would promise to do better next week, but I don't know what's gonna happen so I'm not gonna make that promise then let everyone down. 

Out here in Kansas it's getting cold and I love it more than anything. I finally get to wear my sweaters and long sleeve shirts and everything about fall. 

We did a good amount of knocking doors which is always fun out here. But boy are there a lot of catholics. If I had a nickel for every time I heard "We're catholic", followed by the slamming of a door, then I'd have at least one nickel. We knocked on this one lady's door and I told her we have a message that can bring her joy and she was just like "oh I have the joy" She then told us she was catholic (shocker) and that she felt that the catholic religion got a bad rep. She asked us if we had any questions so naturally I asked her about the Great Schism, and she told me that was all a misunderstanding. She then challenged Elder Grassi and I to find out for ourself if the catholic church was true, and I thought lady if I wanted to I could disassemble your whole testimony and prove why our church is true, but she was nice so we just said we'll look into hers if she'll look into ours. It was pretty funny. She straight hit us with the reverse card. 

Man how about General Conference this week! How blessed are we to be led by Prophets? I don't think we realize how lucky we are to have them. I really liked Elder Bednar's talk about the cheetah's and how they always do the same thing no matter what. Once we figure out how it is that the adversary tries to attack us, it is a lot easier to stay away from it. I can't remember right now who gave the talk yesterday afternoon about the 3 D's or something, but I though it went really well with Elder Bednar's talk. 

Well that's all I got for ya this week. Hopefully something crazy happens this upcoming week and I get some good content! Love and miss you all! I'd love to hear from you. 

Elder Nixon

Hope y'all enjoy the pics  






No comments:

Post a Comment

July 26, 2021

 This is It Good heavens I can't believe I'm actually writing this email. I never really thought I'd get here. As most of you kn...