Thursday, November 14, 2019

November 11, 2019


I found a bomb?!?!


Well folks another week done in this great heartland of America! This week was pretty average, but I still managed to do some things to spice it up.

We had exchanges Monday to Tuesday night which was wild. Monday night Elder Winkel wanted to build a blanket fort so I was like heck ya! So we built a freakin dope blanket fort and then did facemasks because his mom had sent him some for some reason... It was pretty luxurious. We walked all day Tuesday which was honestly pretty nice because it felt so good outside, but by the end of the night I was worn out! We texted Elder Grassi around 8 to see when he'd be back up to Hays so we could exchange back. We got a text back and he was like "wait, I thought you guys were driving down to Great Bend..." Keep in mind Hays is an hour from G.B. so we didn't have enough time to drive down there and back so I just spent the night again in Hays! I was doing some looking around their apartment and I found some bath bombs! Elder Winkel told me to use one, so I took his essential oil diffuser into the bathroom and then took a bath with this bath bomb. It was an experience. Probably not something I'll do again though lol. 

This past week we met this guy named Craig. He has been through a ton of crap in his life and I asked what he did to cope with the crap that goes down. He said he smokes weed and stuff, so I testified that he could find peace by reading the Book of Mormon. The Spirit was so strong and he just broke down and poured his heart out to us about his relationship with God and I told him again that reading the Book of Mormon would strengthen his relationship with God. I hope we can continue to work with him and help him see the need for the scriptures and church. 

Well stay tuned for next week because I've got some exciting news coming for y'all! 

Cordially, 

Elder Nixon




No comments:

Post a Comment

July 26, 2021

 This is It Good heavens I can't believe I'm actually writing this email. I never really thought I'd get here. As most of you kn...