Sunday, July 18, 2021

April 5, 2021

 We Get Fed Too Much

Hello everyone! Terribly sorry about last week’s email. I know it was short, but it was also to the point. Regardless I will repent and give the people what they deserve! 

This week was pretty baller! We had transfers on Wednesday and as the Haiku said I was being transferred. So I pull up on Wednesday and see all my friends and it was a good time. I get told I'm going to the Rock Road YSA here in Wichita! It's the YSA that covers WSU so I'm pretty stoked! Mi compa is Elder Bo Jackson from Portland Oregon.  (No doesn't play football or baseball) he is AWESOME though. He is originally assigned to the Milan Italy mission so we'll see if he leaves me at some point. We whitewashed in which means we are both new to this area so our first few days has just been getting to know everyone and trying to get situated! It's been great so far! We walked into a baptism on the 10th so that's pretty sweet! The dudes name is Ethan and he is just so ready and excited for his baptism, and so are we! And unfortunately I don't have much else to say because the week has just been lots of getting to know people and the area! We get fed an excessive amount here. And no it's not from the broke college kids. We ward share with a family ward and I'm fairly certain the only reason we do is so we can get fed. I've been here since Wednesday and have already been fed like 9 times. So yes more than once a day. Its baller! 

How about conference tho! It was so good! I love hearing the words of our Prophet and apostles! It was just so powerful! President Nelson's address in faith was especially powerful in my opinion. He listed 5 things we can do to strengthen our faith that are absolutely amazing! If you missed it, be sure to check it out when you can! And 20 new temples!! Wow! Super sad none were in Kansas, but we'll get there! 

Things are going great out here! OH also note my new mailing address ;) 

Warmest regards,

Elder Nixon 

1770 S ROCK RD APT 906 WICHITA, KS 67207-5177







No comments:

Post a Comment

July 26, 2021

 This is It Good heavens I can't believe I'm actually writing this email. I never really thought I'd get here. As most of you kn...