Sunday, February 7, 2021

January 4, 2021

 Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Ok well I'm feeling quite slothful on this wonderful Monday so its gonna be a shorter email. Sorry fans. 

I learned how to reband and add links to watches and I got the tools I need to do it so I'm slightly salty I paid 15 bucks to have a guy do it before I went back to Kansas. 

So we message lots of people on Facebook and needless to say there are some funny interactions. One certain interaction went as follows after he told me he was gay and that's why he isn't too interested in religion. 

Guy: ...idk I don't really have much of an interest in religion. it just isn't for me

Me: ok that's okay! If you change your mind or need someone to talk to let me know!

Guy: well thank you I appreciate that. I know you aren't gay but tbh you are kind of a cutie lol. Not trying to be weird I'm just a super honest person. 

Me:... haha thanks I guess 😂 I'm not gay but I respect the honesty. I think your dog is a real cutie! 

So my pull game is NUTS. Take that Zac. Speaking of Zac it's his birthday next week on January 11th which is an amazing day ;) if you know Zac tell him happy birthday

Well last funny story. We were trying to be good little missionaries and take cookies to members. Well we were going out to some members we had never met. It had just rained and we turned down a dirt road and about 30 yards down we were stuck in mud about 9 inches deep I'd guess. We tried backing out but we had zero luck. We weren't moving at all.  Well unfortunately we didn't have service so we were on our own. Of course we said a quick prayer and we tried again! And GUESS WHAT. We didn't get unstuck. Nope. This isn't one of those stories that end up that way. I realized I was going to have to get out of the car and push that little Corolla while my comp drove. Looking back I should have made him get out but it is what it is. So I took off my shoes and socks and all my nicer clothes till i was left in my white shirt and slacks. After about an hour and a half of pushing and sliding all over we made it out! However I do believe our prayers were still answered because I know I couldn't have pushed that car by myself. I guess the little spiritual lesson is sometimes we are required to put in a little effort to get ourselves out of certain situations. And after we've started putting in effort the Lord will send people or angels to strengthen us and help us through. I'm sure I coulda made that sound a lot nicer but people are waiting on me to go play spikeball 😂 priorities right? I will be sure to attach pictures of the aftermath of our car. 

I hope everyone is doing well! The church is true no doubt! 

Warmest regards, 

Elder Nixon 









No comments:

Post a Comment

July 26, 2021

 This is It Good heavens I can't believe I'm actually writing this email. I never really thought I'd get here. As most of you kn...