Thursday, November 14, 2019

October 28, 2019


I was just trying to rake some leaves…


What is up everyone? I hope all y'all are doing great and exceeding in your endeavors, but if not, keep trying and hopefully you will succeed. 

This week was fantastic out in the heartland of America. We did a lot and accomplished even more it feels like. 

First off this week we spent our P day in Salina and man that was a good time. They have like one of three chick fil a's in Kansas there so we partook of the goodness. We went out to this place called Coronado Heights. I have no idea what it was once used for, but I'll tell you what it was great for, rock climbing. They outer walls were literally perfect, so we did some climbing. It was SO windy there. In the pictures you can see me hair is straight back as is my nametag. We were standing on picnic benches and leaning forward to see how far we could lean into the wind. I'm pretty sure I was at like  45 degree angle or something like that. I also caught another snake in Salina, but this one was not nearly as photogenic as the one I caught last week. 

Elder Grassi and I had a lot of success finding potential members this week. (I think we're supposed to call our investigators potential members now also). We went knocking sort of late, and the first door we knocked on the lady, Marissa, told us to come by another day, so we went back. Unfortunately I was on exchanges so I didn't get to go to the lesson, but apparently Marissa has a husband or a boyfriend that we are also going to teach! 

Another person we found this week is named Matt. He works at the Freddy's we used to frequent, so he was pretty familiar with us and was very accepting to what we had to tell him. He's a super solid dude. 

We were able to experience the joyous union of two people we have dinner with every week. I'm not sure if you could say we are teaching them, but they feed us so that's nice. The wedding was supposed to start at 11:30 am, but get this, they were late to their own wedding. How's that for Delta Utah?? (if you know, you know) But around noon they did show up and we had a nice ceremony for them. 

After that ceremony we went to do some service for a ward member who needed help raking leaves. We would rake them onto a tarp and then he would load them into his minivan and take them to the dump while we raked some more piles. Well we finished all the raking and there was a nice little bench in their backyard so I decided to sit on it. Before thinking about the weather that bench had seen, and the condition that wood was in, I plopped myself down on the bench. Not a second later I realized the grievous mistake I had made. By the time I heard the splitting wood, it was too late. I broke the bench and fell to the floor in a fit of laughter. It was pretty funny explaining that to the member. We all got a good laugh from it though. 

Also fun fact that I learned. The church building I currently am attending is apparently the only church in existence that has an Elders Quorum office. It's not too big of an office, but I thought that was pretty neat. 

Well I think that's all I've for for ya this week. The church is true everyone. 

Elder Nixon 






No comments:

Post a Comment

July 26, 2021

 This is It Good heavens I can't believe I'm actually writing this email. I never really thought I'd get here. As most of you kn...