Sunday, August 25, 2019

August 3, 2019

The MTC is Just EFY on Steroids


Wow what a crazy four days it's been. Wednesday it was pouring so I got soaked as I was running around the MTC with all my luggage. I heard "Welcome to the MTC" said more in one day than I've heard "my pleasure" at Chick-Fil-A in all my life. We were all supposed to meet our companion after we got all checked in, but my comp never showed up. I just hung out with some Elders from my district. One of them went to East high, like high school musical east high. I've come to really love the Elder's in my district. We've all grown so close in the past four days. We go to lots of meetings and classes here which is why it reminds me so much of EFY. 

We met our zone leaders which is also when I met my comp Elder Scroggin. He's super dope. Apparently his flight got delayed from Arizona and that's why he was late. We get along great. I thought he was way older than me, but I'm actually older than he is. We do lots of contacting with people who are either pretending to be non member or who actually are non members. I'm never sure who is who. After going non stop I finally got back to my room around 9 to unpack. I've noticed it's very easy to fall asleep while doing personal study, but me and Elder Scroggin do a good job at keeping each other awake. We have to cut all slang out of our talk here so we're not allowed to say guys or anything like that. We always have to refer to everyone as Elder or Sister, or if in a group we call everyone missionaries. It is hard. I never realized how much I used the word guys till I had to stop. Well I love it here at the MTC, but I can't wait to get out into the field. The church is true.







No comments:

Post a Comment

July 26, 2021

 This is It Good heavens I can't believe I'm actually writing this email. I never really thought I'd get here. As most of you kn...